If you suffer from hypertension, you need to regularly measure your blood pressure. This can prevent a lot of complications in future, and it can also help you manage your blood pressure in a better way. To help you manage your blood pressure, many blood pressure monitors are available in India. Many people perceive all brands to be the same, but that is not true. Each brand and each product is different. There will be differences in features, performance, price, warranty policy and the brand image.
Two such popular BP monitors brands are HealthSense & Omron. We picked their best selling products and decided to compare them. This should help you understand which brand offers you a better value for money. So, let us now move ahead and check out the detailed comparison between Omron HEM 7120 & HealthSense Heart-Mate BP144.
Table of Contents
Table Comparison – Omron HEM 7120 Vs HealthSense Heart-Mate BP144
Let us first look at the table comparison of Omron HEM 7120 Vs HealthSense Heart-Mate BP144
Omron HEM 7120
|HealthSense Heart-Mate BP144
|Test Time||< 30 seconds||< 30 seconds|
|Power Source||4 AA Battery||Battery & USB Powered|
|Memory||60 Memory||2 Users x 90 Memory|
|Smart Features||No||Talking Function Available|
|Warranty||3 Years||1 Year|
|Cuff Wrap Indicator||Yes||Yes|
|Hyper Tension Indicator||Yes||RAG Status Display|
|Body Movement Detection||Yes||Yes|
About Omron HEM 7120
Omron is one of the most reliable and known brands in the Indian market. The products from the brand are known for amazing customer support and doing the job well. The price of the BP monitor from Omron is also aggressive. Overall, it is an excellent choice for you.
- Omron offers three year warranty on this product which means complete peace of mind.
- Omron HEM 7120 has many smart features like body movement detection & irregular heartbeat detection.
- If the BP is high, an icon with Hypertension Indication will start blinking.
- The reason for the inaccurate BP reading is the cuff being tied incorrectly. So, to avoid this, the monitor has cuff wrapping guide technology.
- The accuracy level is very high, and it is also one of the most preferred brands among users.
- Omron HEM 7120 has 60 memory slots where the BP measurements get saved automatically.
- The cuff width is 22 – 32 cm.
About HealthSense Heart-Mate BP144
HealthSense has gained a lot of popularity in recent times. The BP monitor offers a higher level of versatility. The price of the BP monitor from HealthSense is lower than those from Omron, so that can be one of the deciding features. Apart from this, you can refer to the salient features below.
- The brand offers one year warranty on HealthSense Heart-Mate BP144.
- The cuff is large, with a size between 22 cm and 42 cm.
- The machine supports a dual power source. You can use 4 AA batteries or use a USB cable (power bank, adapter or laptop).
- The talking function announces the blood pressure every time.
- The RAG status indicates the risk level, and the status LED is separated between Red, Amber or Green.
- The monitor also has a cuff wrap status indicator, body movement indicator and irregular heartbeat indicator.
- It can segregate data for two users, and it has 90 memory slots for each user.
- The machine also has an average value function which helps you get a more accurate reading.
What is the Difference Between Omron HEM 7120 & HealthSense Heart-Mate BP144?
Let us now look at the differentiating factors between the two BP monitors
- Based on Accuracy
The most important thing when you are measuring BP is accuracy. The HealthSense BP monitor has the edge over the Omron BP monitor in terms of accuracy. The reason is that the HealthSense BP monitor has an averaging feature that calculates the average of 3 readings and gives you the reading.
- Based on Display
The display of both the machines is different. The Omron display has a green background, and it displays text in black colour. Whereas the BP monitor from HealthSense has a black display with white text. We found the text in both these monitors to be easily readable. Even without the specs, the large text was easy to read.
- Based on Power Source
The next thing that we will talk about is the power source. The power source of the Omron is the 4 AA batteries, and it offers no versatility. In the case of the HealthSense monitor, you get multiple options. You can use 4 AA batteries to power the machine; however, if you run out of battery, you can use a type C USB cable to connect the BP monitor to the power bank, laptop or adapter. This feature will never leave you stranded.
- Based on Alerts & Accessibility
Another important thing is the alerts provided by the machine. In this case, HealthSense has the edge over the Omron HEM 7120. The HealthSense BP monitor announces the BP readings after it is done measuring. It also has a RAG status display that would show the risk levels associated with your readings.
- Based on Warranty
When we talk about the warranty, Omron HEM 7120 scores better than the HealthSense Heart-Mate; Omron offers a three-year warranty compared to the short one year warranty offered by HealthSense. So, if you are looking for long term confidence, you might want to opt for Omron HEM 7120.
- Based on Memory
Some of us like to have larger memory space to help us store more data. Omron offers 30 slots for memory storage, but HealthSense offers 180 slots. You can segregate the data for two users, and each user gets 90 storage slots. So, if we talk about memory, HealthSense is even better.
Which BP monitor is better depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a better brand with a longer warranty policy, we would generally recommend you opt for Omron HEM 7120 BP Monitor. However, if you are looking for a BP monitor that offers better accessibility along with a lot of features and versatility, then we would recommend you to opt for HealthSense Heart-Mate BP144. Now, the final choice is on you, and it depends on what you are looking for. Do let us know in the comment section if you prefer warranty over features or vice versa.